OCTOBERVIEW 2012 | A COLLECTIBLE TRACK LIST
This month was a hard month for me. Solitude took on a whole new meaning: Lady Bec-Bec went back to New Orleans. Chan Marshall cut her hair. A very exciting, career-changing (seriously, guys. Career. Changing) job prospect fell-through at the last-minute. I learned some very disturbing things about a job I worked on last December. Todd Akin…
But I also got a lot accomplished. The Postelles video I styled in September was featured by Interview Magazine and Refinery 29. I opened the Etsy shop, which will be followed by a DUSTspell | P+S collaboration. I wrapped the first stage of a graphic design project I’ve been working on for a while. I made some difficult decisions about my Becca-minus living situation that I’m 100% comfortable with. I learned that Marfa Girl will be premiering in Rome. I acquired my first celebrity client. And I’m designing the costumes for a short filming this November.
As I made a mental catalogue of my month for this post, I got inspired and assembled a small group of items I feel best represent the challenges and the new beginnings from October. Like a mix tape. But instead of a track list it’s a collection of precious tangible objects.
1. An Eagle Feather – for flying
2. A Postcard From Becca – for lonely days
3. An Ivory Letter Opener – for opening letters from sweet mommies and grandmas
4. A Soothing Smelling Soap Bundle – for stressful moments
5. The Cameo I Wore for my Socialite Costume This Halloween – for looks
6. High John the Conqueror oil and a White Candle – for breaking curses
7. A Quartz Elephant – for luck
8. A Seashell – for holding incense
9. A Wooden Clothespin – for keeping it together
10. A Skeleton Key – for going home
11. Piñon Incense – for burning